"A moment of silence for Mariano Rivera"
Playing for one of the most beer-soaked audiences I've seen in quite a while (that's saying a lot for your usual GM crowd), Waterbury's hometown heroes played some all-out smokers with "Whale", "Baba O' Riley" and "Dragging Me Down". But they set the bar at an all new level with Friday night's awe inspiring "Burn"(posted below). I post a lot of versions of this tune on here, and there's a good reason for that-it never ceases to kick major ass. Right around the 9 minute mark, the tune changes pace from it's usual dark and dirty to some bright and beautiful jamming. If you don't like "Burn", it's pretty clear that this is not the blog for you. There's the fucking door.
The Shamrock, Waterbury, CT
Lost on Me (2)
Little Bit of Soul
Dig a Pony>
Without a Trace
Tell My Muse
Baba O' Riley(3)
So Far Gone (4)
Bring it on Home
Dragging Me Down (5)
Dragging Me Down (6)
Whipping post> (7)
Hot For Teacher> (7)
Whipping Post (7)
*first time played. Played in honor of the great Mariano Rivera
(1) Dedicated to Modeen
(2) Featured sections of "Lion's Mane"
(3) Contained the ending section to "can't you hear me knocking?"(Rolling Stones)
(4) Alternate lyrics "I watched baseball history..." The band took a moment of silence for Mariano Rivera
(6) Contained a "Spirit of Radio" (Rush) tease
(7) Featuring Bill on lead vocals
"Enter Sandman" (Metallica) was debuted. No bass fires were reported at this show.
Bravo, Guy Malone!
We're now on Twitter! Troll us @brasscitymusic