*First time played
^Dancin' Dick on lead vocals
Set 1 featured Mercier on keyboards and Matt C on guitar. Set 2 featured Dancin' Dick on lead vocals and Matt. C on guitar. No bass fires were reported at this show.
*First time played
(1) Contained elements of "Folsom Prison Blues" (Cash) and "Possum" (Phish)
(2) Contained ending section of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" (Rolling Stones)
(3) Rich A. on lead vocals
(4) Matt C. on lead vocals
Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh), Folsom Prison Blues (Cash), Boy in the Bubble (Paul Simon), Estimated Prophet and Bird Song (Grateful Dead) were debuted. No bass fires were reported at this show.
We went dark there for a minute. GM spent the summer on baby hiatus and my computer up and vanished like a fart in the wind. Now that we're back up and running, here's a quick recap of the last 2 shows played, in which GM tried their hand at becoming a cover band. Be sure to check the "Upcoming Shows" section, as plenty of good music is headed up the pike.
"Sing The Weight. Feel The Weight. Fuck the Weight."
Saturday night's Shamrock performance showcased a band that can switch gears from virtuoso power trio to beer-soaked karaoke band at the drop of a hat. Some examples of the former can be heard below. I wish I could have recorded "Bloodshot and Blue" but I was too busy doing this:
We ARE Guy Malone.
The Shamrock, Waterbury, CT
Lost on Me>
So Far Gone (1)
Tell My Muse
Bloodshot and Blue>
Wave to the Future>
Baba O' Riley(2)
Stir it Up>
On the Run>
Will of the Working Man>
China Cat Sunflower> (5)
I Know You Rider (5)
The Weight (6)
Birds of a Feather
(1) altered lyrics "Dom doesn't like fire"
(2) contained "John's Camera" tease, ending to "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" (The Rolling Stones
(3) dedicated to Darren
(4) altered lyrics "take me to shamrock"
(5) featured Rich on lead vocals, last played 8/5/2011
(6) featured Rich, Teddy and Erik on vocals
Shared bill with Lazy Way Out, no bass fires reported.